Thursday, March 27, 2008

Message from Bob:

Recently, photos taken by the City of Littleton back in March 2006 are making it into the public (setter) limelight. The sender of these photos is a Sabrina Clinesmith and I do not know this woman or how she was able to gain access to photos from the court files. Her first email went out to the Irish fancy and now to some in the English fancy. From the comments of those who have seen the photos, they apparently are of storage and clutter. Some are of dogs in crates that were placed there by me, ordered by the city inspectors.

1) The photos are poor quality black and whites. This implies that they are from the city's files. I have colored digitals following each inspection as record of conditions and digitals of the dogs at the time of each inspection.

2) My attorneys reviewed photos in the court file prior to pursuing my case and saw no problems there. The photos pertain to inside and outside storage and probably my poor "housekeeping," but not to the issue of the number of dogs as was their only reason for unannounced inspections. These are two separate issues: the number of dogs, and the condition of my property as it pertains to city codes and ordinances. The house was built in 1950 and should be grand-fathered in.

3) There are no signed formal complaints from other than city zoning in my court file. There are no references within my court file of any complaints by anyone, neighbor or otherwise, formal or anonymous. The last city noted complaint was an anonymous phone call alleging neglect and abuse of rescues that was made in 2000 and was found to be false and unfounded by both the city and state.

4) The city has been inspecting my premises since 9/6/06, with unannounced "raids," up to and including 2/15/08. All inspections have included at least two individuals from community development, one animal control officer, and one to four uniform police. The only charges ever brought are limit violations, alleged operating a kennel, and violations of the International Property Maintenance Code and other city ordinances pertaining to outdoor storage, rubbish, and a shower enclosure.

5) My house and/or conditions of the dogs have been inspected at my request by two veterinarians, an inspector from the All Breed Rescue Network in Colorado, and by a State of Colorado Animal Cruelty Investigator with 25 plus years experience in that position. All inspections passed with housing and care conditions and health meeting and/or exceeding all state requirements, including those requirements for multiple dog conditions for rescue and/or kennels.

6) When looking at the photos, do any of the photos show feces or urine puddles?

7) No charges of neglect, abuse, cruelty, etc., have ever been brought against me by Littleton or any other agency except for the allegations contained in the seizure warrants of 2/15/08 and that I expect was their reason to justify their illegal break in. Mr. Alan C. Katz, prosecutor, has also written a letter with untrue facts and his personal opinion and accusations.

(8) Mention is made in the Clinesmith email sent with the photos about a 12 year history between me and the city. I have no idea where that comment comes from.

The facts remain, the City of Littleton did illegally break in and seize my show dogs. They are now trying to so some damage control?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could sure use that privacy fence in my backyard. Dogs look like they are having an good time. What's wrong with Littleton?